We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,495 Posts
    ADDED TO REPOSITORY

Hi guys, here is another library that I released. This one is a really small lib which allowing the use of caching in any application you’re building using MODx.

Official library release
    http://svn.djamoer.net/modx/tags/libs/

Latest SVN release:
    http://svn.djamoer.net/modx/trunk/libs/cached/cached.class.inc.php

Currently it only support file caching, maybe later, down the road I will make a caching using database, which usually has better performance for smaller data caching.

Sincerely,
      Wendy Novianto
      [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
      [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • 1,495 Posts
      It took me for a while creating that script and I haven’t tested it, but that’s my first try using SVN and phpEclipse, plus phpdoc commenting system. Boy it was a tough night for me dealing with all this unfamiliar tools grin

Anyway, hope you guys find it useful.

Sincerely,
        Wendy Novianto
        • 7,075 Posts
        Now that’s pretty advanced stuff, I don’t know if I’ll have a use for this in the future, you mean another application can use MODx cache system or it is something else altogether ? (Forgive the dumb Q here tongue)
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 1,495 Posts
          Quote from: davidm at Mar 03, 2006, 09:35 AM

Now that’s pretty advanced stuff, I don’t know if I’ll have a use for this in the future, you mean another application can use MODx cache system or it is something else altogether ? (Forgive the dumb Q here tongue)

It’s for developers actually. Remember when I told you guys that I’m planning to have a couple easy to use library to be used for developers in building snippets, plugins, and modules? This is one of them, together with chunkTemplate, it will help the development process of some of the resources. It helps standardize the resources format as well. Imagine if everybody using the same library. If something goes wrong with caching mechanism, than the culprit can be easyly tracked down and fixed.

Hope it’ll be used by some of our 2nd tier users in here grin
            Wendy Novianto