We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 155 Posts
    Hey all,

So I have been pouring over the code attached to this messages and I figured I would pass if off to you all and see if the experts could make sense of it and finish it off.

The code you see is a plugin for Textpattern (http://www.rvdh.net/vdh_flickr/Home). Simply put, it makes sets from Flickr appear as galleries on your site. Thinking this would be a great addition to my ModX sites, I wanted to take a crack at it.

Now if I am not mistaken, it looks like all that would need to be done to convert this to a ModX snippet is to manipulate the output from the txp output to direct HTML output, correct? The only problem with that that I can see is how to direct information back to the page with a snippet so as to create the ability to generate a dynamic page that drills down (does this make sense?)

Anyhow, I thought I would post this up and see whether or not any real developers could crack this one open. This one is a bit above my pay grade of simple SQL queries in PHP, but I think this would be a tremendous benefit to ModX if it could be done.

Thanks,
    John
      • 7,075 Posts
      I don’t know about the code side of things, but this plugin has had great success in the textpattern community for it gives a lot of flexibility to integrate galeries... so yeah agreed I’d like to see that become a MODx plugin.
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 155 Posts
        Hrmm...so nobody knows, or is this just the wrong place to get someone to do something like this?

Tell yah what, I’m gonna post a reward in the general support section and see if someone can figure this one out smiley This is an important feature I would love to see in MODx!
          • 7,075 Posts
          Give it time, someone among the coder guys will do that in a snap I guess smiley

Wait a little before posting a reward tongue
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 1,495 Posts
            How ’bout making the rewards back to the community?
            Give it some more time, until all the coder free from their own schedule wink
              Wendy Novianto
              [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
              [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
              • 1,495 Posts
              I try to look at the code, but I have no idea how textpattern work, but as far as seeing the whole code as a big picture, it seems that it has a nice structure, which is to use class, and extend it over and over, and it looks pretty easy to be extended into MODx, if somebody willing to give this a try wink
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 155 Posts
                Ok, how bout this:

Since my deadline passed for an individual, if it is released by this Sunday, I’ll donate 50 bucks to MODx in the person’s honor smiley
                  • 155 Posts
                    • 3,250 Posts
                    Nice work John! Sorry I wasn’t able to help out...
                      • 155 Posts
                      No worries.

This was actually a great learning experience. My php coding has mostly resided within dB access, so getting into using an API was actually kind of fun.