We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 203 Posts
    Hi! I would need to have every new document placed in a given document group so the quick edit plugin shows when a webuser login and view one of these documents. I want to keep the users far from the manager.

How can I do that ?

thanks in advance,

Blaise
      Blaise Bernier

www.medialdesign.com - Solutions for small business, hosting, design and more!
    • It’s not really possible (very easily, anyway) as the QE toolbar is actually the manager. It relies on all the manager permissions and roles to function. That will change when the manager and API overhaul are complete.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 203 Posts
        Ok... so how would it be possible to edit the content of the pages in one group from the front end, and how to make the news publisher snippet add these documents to a given group?

thanks in advance,

Blaise
          Blaise Bernier

www.medialdesign.com - Solutions for small business, hosting, design and more!
          • 1,495 Posts
          Hi,

I would like to brought up this topic again.
          Is there anyway to assign a newly created document into a specific document group, so that it will be private to all manager users outside that document group.

Thanks
            Wendy Novianto
            [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
            [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
            • 1,495 Posts
            It seems to me that the private manager field in the database is not being filled with 1, even though I did post a new post with a manager user that I assign to the same document group with the parent folder of the news. I changed this code to 1 on the first few lines

// And privatemgr
                            $modx->db->query("UPDATE ".$modx->getFullTableName("site_content")." SET privatemgr = 1 WHERE id='$lastInsertId';");
                            $privatemgrSql =    "
                                SELECT DISTINCT modx_document_groups.document_group 
                                FROM modx_document_groups, modx_membergroup_access 
                                WHERE 
                                modx_document_groups.document_group = modx_membergroup_access.documentgroup 
                                AND 
                                modx_document_groups.document = $lastInsertId;";
                                $privatemgrIds = $modx->db->getColumn("document_group",$privatemgrSql);
                                if(count($privatemgrIds)>0) {
                                    $modx->db->query("UPDATE ".$modx->getFullTableName("site_content")." SET privatemgr = 1 WHERE id = $lastInsertId;");	
                                }

I kow this is not a good fix, but if someone could figure out what’s the problem, it will be awesome.
            Thanks
              Wendy Novianto
              [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
              [font=Verdana]Xituz Media