We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    ... by the way: I really love MODx!

I’ve worked with Typo3 and Mambo and so on, and it was really a pain because it takes way to long to get a site up and running.

Most people & small companies have a site with 10-30 pages and you can not spend days or even weeks until such a site is live.

With MODx it seems to me that I can work really fast & results are here within a few hours.

I’m still experimenting but I think this will really be my choice for smaller projects.

Hope that the few minor issues can be fixed...

Thanks again to everyone working on this!!!
      • 680 Posts
      Quote from: anand at Nov 30, 2005, 08:58 PM

How soon do you think you could do it?

I’ll probably need to have it working by sometime next week as I have to demo a site that will use it then. Hopefully it will be a simple fix.
        • 680 Posts
        Quote from: anand at Nov 30, 2005, 08:58 PM

How soon do you think you could do it?

I think I’ve got everything fixed now. Let me know if you have any problems.

ManagerLogin snippet thread
          • 15 Posts
          Works great - thanks!!!

The only thing that is a bit disturbing is that the page on which the QuickEdit button is located changes to the homepage immediately after clicking the QuickEdit button.

Is there something that can be done about this?

The page should not change until the page has been updated in the QuickEdit pop-up, when saving these changes the page that has been edited should simply reload.

Thanks
          Anand
            • 680 Posts
            Yes, we’ve seen a lot of problems like that and they’ve all been addressed in the 0.9.1 release which will hopefully be coming out soon.

For now try removing the <base> tag from your template. You shouldn’t need it unless you are using friendly alias paths. If you still have problems let me know and I’ll send you some patches.
              • 15 Posts
              I did not even know there should be a <base> tag somewhere... so I don’t have one.

Im’using

-Friendly URL’s
              -Suffix
              -Friendly Alias
              -Friendly Alias Path

-Duplicate Alias: no
              -Automatically generate Alias: no

Maybe you find a solution...
                • 680 Posts
                Hmmm, probably has something to do with the Friendly Alias Paths. I havn’t used Friendly Alias Paths much myself but I’ve heard that it can be a bit triky to use. I’ll look into it a bit and see if I can figure out the problem for now I’d suggest disabling Friendly Alias Paths.