We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • ScottyD, you done everything right. Me on the otherhand, didn’t.

If the number of news articles set to summarize is less than the default number (5) or the numer set, it chokes. I set it to 1 and it’s working now. Nice round-about catch and sorry for your troubles!
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 1,193 Posts
      [*sigh*] I was backing up everything, getting ready to destroy my public_html folder, MySQL db’s, etc... and rebuild from scratch when I logged in for the "last" time and noticed my manager layout was different. I launched the site, and viola! The news was newsified again. You saved me a bunch of work! I have been racking my brain on this all day, so I wasn’t quite as productive as I wanted to be, but... You saved me a complete "do-over"!

On the other hand, I am glad I can help discover items to improve [*pats himself on back*]

later

-sD-
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 3,250 Posts