We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Could a plugin be created that links to the NewsPublisher snippet to send an email to a specific person or persons when it creates a new post? This could be useful for "editors" when authors add a new posting.

Furthermore, the NewsPulbisher snippet could be modified so that it only creates unpublished posts. This would allow for a very simple publishing workflow across multiple authors/editors/publishers.
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 372 Posts
      I’d been keen to see a plugin / module like that. It would allow me to have more control over the content other authors put up.
        [img]http://www.emanz.ac.nz/assets/images/logo/emanz-icon_16x16.gif[/img] Emergency Management Academy of New Zealand [br] http://www.emanz.ac.nz[br][br]MODx Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle [br]
        Admin Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle
        • 680 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Sep 12, 2005, 04:00 AM

Could a plugin be created that links to the NewsPublisher snippet to send an email to a specific person or persons when it creates a new post?

This is something that we have hacked into our existing site now. We will definitely have to have something like this in place before we make the MODx switch sometime this fall. So I’ll be writing this at somepoint unless someone beats me to it (or better yet somebody comes up with a good workflow feature).
          • 3,250 Posts
          The auto email is a simple addition to the snippet code as is the unpublished setting.

IDEA: There would need to be some sort of block preventing that user from publishing the document. Then in that email there would be the page and a link to publish it or edit it.
          • The user type (author) would just not have publish documents permissions.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 3,250 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at Sep 13, 2005, 02:09 AM

The user type (author) would just not have publish documents permissions.

So simple, so elegent, so obvious. smiley