We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 96 Posts
    FotoReporter is an application designed to easily resize and upload images to your MODx site, and view them through the SimpleViewer flash application.

Creating a photo album with FotoReporter is straightforward: just drag’n drop your pictures, comment them and press the "Upload" button; go to the webpage where you want the insert the album and place the code [[FotoReporter?album=AlbumName]].

The album will be showed by the excellent flash program Airtight SimpleViewer (http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/).

With FotoReporter, creating a new photo album is a matter of minutes!

Demo: http://www.roma21.it/index.php?id=127

Edited: file updated to fix a problem with the background color
    Edited: Updated to version 0.4. Please read the announcement in this forum, and upgrade your snippet
      • 3,975 Posts
      Hello Commodore64 !

Thanks for valueable contribution, simpleviewer is nice flash code.

Best wishes and regards,

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
      • Thanks so much... that looks great. Can’t wait to play with it laugh
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1,732 Posts
          Hi Commodore64 ,

Very cool snippet smiley Nice work.

It think you’ll be glad to know that once we have release the modules support for MODx you’ll be able to create a module that allows the user to manage their FotoReporter images from the backend.

Keep it up.
            xWisdom
            www.xwisdomhtml.com
            The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
            MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
            • 1 Posts
            Hi Commodore64!

Great work with FotoReporter but... do you plan also a MAC OS X version?

That would help a lot...

Thanks!

Rogatienne
            • You mean it requires a PC in order to upload photos... sad
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 96 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Jun 09, 2005, 03:47 PM

You mean it requires a PC in order to upload photos... sad

Yes, the client is a windows program. But it is written using the wxWidgets cross-platform C++ library, so in order to port it to MacOS X it should be sufficient to recompile it with a MacOS compiler - maybe a few minor modifications could be required...

The problem is that I haven’t got a Mac!
                  • 96 Posts
                  Here is a new version of FotoReporter, namely 0.4.

Improvements:

* the quality of images has been considerably improved. FotoReporter is now using GD2 to resize images

* integration with MODx manager user accounts: now a user must provide his MODx login credentials, in order to upload pictures

* easier to install and to configure for the site administrator

* increased security: the upload script veryfies that every uploaded file is not a (possibly malicious) script

* some bugs have been fixed

For these reasons, I would strongly recommend to upgrade to FotoReporter 0.4. Please remember to uninstall the FotoReporter 0.2 client before installing the new one.
                    • 96 Posts
                    Hi!

I have ported FotoReporter to Linux: it was very easy, thanks to wxWidgets!

If you are interested, you can download it from the Etomite forum.
                    • does that mean it might work on OS X, too?