We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,732 Posts
    Hello everyone,

I would like to suggest that we add [Snippet], [TV], [Plugin] or [Module] before the subject of the post when posting a new snippet, tv, plugin or module respectively.
      xWisdom
      www.xwisdomhtml.com
      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
      MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
      • 3,250 Posts
      Good idea
        • 2 Posts
        Is there a central repository for snippets and plugins, or is this it? I just downloaded modx last week and am looking forward to using for a client project in the coming month, so will invariably have a few snippets to share.

alex
        • That’s the next thing on the radar after teh imminent 3.3 release. Already making headway there. smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 2 Posts
            Very nice - will you post the link here?

In terms of code style - do you prefer lots of small snippets or one longer snippet with variables (e.g. SnippetHTML, SnippetXML, SnippetCSV or Snippet?mode=0|1|2).

• It really depends on what you’re trying to do... but your snippet names already sound intereseting!

Links will be posted here.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 302 Posts
                Quote from: alexdunae at Oct 26, 2005, 06:57 PM
                In terms of code style - do you prefer lots of small snippets or one longer snippet...

Anyone who has seen my snippets know I fall in the comprehensive one really long snippet category! laugh Course, most of it is documentation... which I also provide [maybe] too much of. I can’t help it. I don’t want to brain parse stuff 6 months later when I need to revise.

Ryan’s right tho. I have snippets that are hundreds of lines long. And some that are 2 lines long. Just depends on what you need to accomplish. Thank heavens MODx is flexible enough to allow for either.
                  Standard Disclaimer
                  I could be totally wrong.
                  • 3,250 Posts
                  Speaking of documentation, how exactly do you do your nice comments Jared? Its alwasy so nice! What editing app do you use?