We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    Hey Guys,

First time post here, fairly used to modx, but as a last resort I need to pick your brains...

Since uploading to a new server I am unable to log into the manager.

When I do, I get a warning box come up that has the html for the website’s homepage in it, that goes off the bottom of the screen:

I have reinstalled the manager folder to no avail, but have become really stuck.
    There are no errors to go on... the database seems fine and the website front-end is all working...

Any ideas?
      • 956 Posts
      The frontend isn’t working for me at all. I see HTTP 503 headers though (with the Firefox webdeveloper toolbar):
      HTTP/1.1 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

And the manager login page now actually shows PHP errors:
      Warning: fopen(/home/levertho/public_html/manager/media/style//login.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/levertho/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 129
      Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: Stat failed for /home/levertho/public_html/manager/media/style//login.html (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/levertho/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 130
      Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/levertho/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 130
      Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/levertho/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 131

How long has this site been online? If you’re absolutely sure the hosting company is not to blame, then check the size of your event log tables in mysql (event_log + manager_log), as well as the cache directory. They can grow quite big after a while.

Other than that... check if the above files are really up ("failed to open..." message). The first path does look a bit strange:
      /home/levertho/public_html/manager/media/style//login.html
      (double-slash)
        • 1,336 Posts
        This is usually your cache files in /assets/cache. Take fresh ones(.idx) from a clean download and place them in here(save the old ones). See if that helps, if you get in clear the cache.
          Use MODx, or the cat gets it!