We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 229 Posts
    Hi all!

I am having two major issues after upgrading from 0.9.5 to 0.9.6 final and they are driving me crazy! The site is http://www.unionky911.org

First, AjaxSearch is throwing errors when you attempt to search. I have tried it in IE7, FF2, Opera, etc and here is what is happening. When you go to the site search page on the site, type in anything, you get this:

Warning: main(/data/12/1/136/35/1136687/user/1207121/htdocs///assets/snippetsassets/snippets/AjaxSearch/AjaxSearch.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/12/1/136/35/1136687/user/1207121/htdocs/index-ajax.php on line 29

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening ’/data/12/1/136/35/1136687/user/1207121/htdocs///assets/snippetsassets/snippets/AjaxSearch/AjaxSearch.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/services/vux/lib/php’) in /data/12/1/136/35/1136687/user/1207121/htdocs/index-ajax.php on line 29

I can’t figure this out as it looks like it is pulling the assets/snippets twice with no base url found. I have the <base href="[(site_url)]" /> in my templates, so I’m not sure what is happening here. I have reuploaded the AjaxSearch snippets and all files for it with the same issue occuring. I have cleared my site cache, browser cache, and still same problem.

Here is the snippet call: [!AjaxSearch?!] I have tried it cached, uncached, and with other options, but nothing changes the errors.

Second issue is with WebLogin: When I log into the members area of my site, and then logout, I get a 404 page as the redirection is goofy. The page when logged out should redirect you to http://www.unionky911.org/home.html, instead I get http://www.unionky911.org/Login/Login/home.html

Any help here would be appreciated as these issues are killing my site for my members and visitors.

Thanks!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Have you checked all the paths you can set in Tools | Configuration to make sure they’re all correct and also the ID settings there for error pages?

Those could, in theory, cause both problems.

Bob
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 229 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Sep 24, 2007, 04:09 PM

Have you checked all the paths you can set in Tools | Configuration to make sure they’re all correct and also the ID settings there for error pages?

Those could, in theory, cause both problems.

Bob

Yep, double checked those, tried with FURL’s off, still same issues. The site is also running very slow to the point of timeouts, and I’m getting a Firebug js error for Mootools on line 2...not sure what that is either.

Also, getting an error in Weblogin js:

excerpt and error thrown in bold:

<script type="text/JavaScript">
        3 function getElementById(id){
        4 var o, d=document;
        5 if (d.layers) {o=d.layers[id];if(o) o.style=o};
        6 if (!o && d.getElementById) o=d.getElementById(id);
        7 if (!o && d.all) o = d.all[id];
        8 return o;
        9 }
          • 1,611 Posts
          This shouldn’t have anything to do with FURLs, since PHP includes aren’t URLs and use your base server path (nothing to do with the base href that you put in your document head). I believe it was in the transition from 0.9.5 and 0.9.6 that the path logic changed completely in config.inc.php, so maybe that’s your issue here. I seem to remember there were some problems with at least the original release of 0.9.6 detecting the correct paths on some servers, and the solution was to hard-code those values into your config.inc.php file instead of using the autodetect routine.

Also: Have you updated AjaxSearch? I believe that a number of snippets were changed to use base_path instead of file_manager_path after the 0.9.6 update, so updating that may solve your problems. I had a similar experience with TinyMCE here:
          http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=12206.45

As for your mootools error, I haven’t seen that before myself but if everything works on your public site when you’re not logged into the Manager then it’s probably just a conflict with QuickEdit or something like that (which you could probably ignore unless you really want to figure it out).
            "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
            • 229 Posts
            Well, I figured there was a change in the config.inc file as there were substantial differences in the 9.5 and 9.6 versions.

I have done another, complete "upgrade" to 0.9.6 and whammy! Blew the site completely apart. Not sure what is going on, but I’ve got my hands full...can’t even get wayfinder to work now...

off to research and post for some help here I guess smiley
              • 1,611 Posts
              You might also try just clearing your site cache files (click the clear cache button and re-save your admin configs in Tools), since old configs and data in the cache can definitely cause problems as well.

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                • 229 Posts
                I had tried all of that prior to the newest upgrade install...again... grin

I got wayfinder working pretty quick as I didn’t realize the change in the template feature, but now the ajaxsearch still isn’t working, giving me the same error, and my weblogin isn’t working either for the front end - no redirect as it should... huh

I’ll keep plugin along, but if anyone can help with either of these two snippets after an upgrade from .0.9.5 to 0.9.6 I sure would appreciate it (and my migraine would too!)
                  • 229 Posts
                  Ok, some help needed here. I did an upgraded install to 9.6 from 9.5 using the upgrade existing installation option. I allowed it to overwrite all snippets as there wasn’t that many that I had modified.

The WebLogin snippet is not working now. Nothing happens when I attempt to login, and per the documentation, it is still the same format, nothing has changed with the snippet portion. I am getting a FireBug error(s) when I attempt to login however. For each letter, etc that I input into the username and/or password, I am getting this error:

document.loginfrm has no properties
                  onkeypress(keypress charCode=115, keyCode=0)

Can anyone provide help with this as I’m not sure what changed between 9.5 and 9.6 that would have caused this.

Thanks in advance!
                    • 229 Posts
                    Here is a strange one...

When I am trying to work on repairing the site http://www.unionky911.org and click on a link in the navbar, lets use the Gallery for example.

When it throws an error, not sure why, but the QuickEdit button bar disappears, shows up as an unordered list at the top of the page. Now, the url for the gallery page is http://www.unionky911.org/gallery.html

Now that it has thrown an error if I try to go to another page in the site, the url it is looking for is http://www.unionky911.org/gallery/home.html

Make any sense to anyone?
                      • 1,611 Posts
                      Doesn’t seem to happen when QuickEdit is not loaded, i.e. when you’re not logged into the Manager. So that makes me think it’s just a JavaScript conflict. If you don’t need to use QuickEdit, then disabling that would be a very quick fix; If you do, then you need to figure out what other script is conflicting with it (all I see that might be worth investigating is the inline WebLogin script).