We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    am getting "FAILED"
    have done several installs on the same server before without problems

have checked for the installer bug (line 152) and it’s ok
    modx 9.6.1.2, PHP 5.2.5, mysql 5

ANY THOUGHTS??
      one planet, one chance
      • 2,310 Posts
      In danger of stating the obvious, does it exist and is it writeable?
      The only time I’ve had that error was when moving from local to remote server and the permissions seemed to change when FTP’d to the new server.
        • 26 Posts
        fair question.

yes it absolutely exists and I’ve checked permissions many times over.  It truly is weirding me out.
          one planet, one chance
          • 26 Posts
          ACTUALLY...

as it happens it was the permissions for manager/includes/config.inc.php, required on ’nix installs - should have been 666.
          so now we’re rolling

nothing like stepping back from the thing for a few hours sometimes

cheers
            one planet, one chance
            • 2,310 Posts
            That’s caught me out before when I’ve moved servers.
              • 1 Posts
              I am new to modx. I have a Linux hosting package.
              I have followed all instructions and sorted all but 1 error in the installation.

Checking if /manager/includes/config.inc.php exists and is writable: FAILED!

I have this file "For new Linux/Unix installs, please create a blank file named config.inc.php in the /manager/includes/ directory with file permissions set to 0666."

I am completely stumped as I have set the permissions to 0666 for the blank config.inc.php

Should be the permissions for config.inc.php that is already there be 0666 too.

Any help appericated.

Paddy