We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Hi,
    My research on the forum where not really successful so I am posting my problem if somebody can help me to find what to do to make my manager working it will be appreciate.

OK, so I just made a freshly new installation of modx on a server. With those stats

* 750 Go HD
        * 2 Go DDR
        * OS Linux 32 bits with Apache /2.2.3 (Debian)
        * Mysql Client et Server 5.0.51a   
        * LibGD
        * PHP 5.2.6-0.dotdeb.1 + module mcrypt
        * Phpmyadmin 2.11.6

Everything was going well. I have follow all instructions on the modx wiki page for installation everything worked. But when I try to connect to my manager, I got this error message.

Warning: include_once() [function.include-once]: Unable to access /home/myuseraccount/web/manager/includes//media/style/MODxLight/style.php in /home/myuseraccount/web/manager/index.php on line 182

Warning: include_once() [function.include-once]: Unable to access /home/myuseraccount/web/manager/includes//frames/1.php in /home/myuseraccount/web/manager/index.php on line 201

I have read some post where peoples where saying to hand write the path for files and to place the MODxLight template folder on the server.

Thx for your answer.
    • I’m not sure about the problems, but I am sure that you’ll run into issues with MySQL 5.0.51x in any flavor ... causes all sorts of issues which manifest in the form of not being able to sort things as you desire.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 4,205 Posts
        You have a problem with the file paths that are putting // rather than /. Why? I don’t know sad
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 13 Posts
          Is their a way to remake it doing only one /? could it be coming from the server side or it is in a certain modx file? I have a version of modx on my computer running locally and everything work well. I have also tried to overwrite all files on the server with my local installation, but nothing changed.

Thank for your answer.
            • 4,205 Posts
            Could it be related to your .htacess setup? Are you using Friendly URLs?
              [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

• 13 Posts
              OK, After looking at all post on the [MODx Community Forums » Support » Release Support » 0.9.6.1 ] I was able to find this

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,19904.0.html

I don’t know if it will work, But I will try to make installation twice. If you look in he’s post, in the error message quote, he was also getting a // in front of is directory.
                • 13 Posts
                Could it be related to your .htacess setup? Are you using Friendly URLs?

Actually, the .htacess is still a ht.access. I have made a try with renaming the basic ht.access to make it run and I was still getting the problem. Is it possible that I need to add something in the ht.access file before enabling it?

For friendly URLs, I need to say to modx to use it in the manager right? If so, I was not able to log in the manager to ask it to use friendly URLs, so if it is using it by default after installation, yes I’m using it, but with what I can remember modx don’t use friendly URLs by default after installation.

Thx a lot your help dev_cw. I really appreciate
                  • 13 Posts
                  OK, I just added a .htaccess in my base web root and I am still having troubles. This is what I placed in the .htaccess

SetEnv REGISTER_GLOBALS 0
                  RewriteEngine On
                  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
                  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
                  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

I fonded the installation help on this link http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Installation_standard

Is their someting else that I should place in the .htaccess? I will need to try the install twice to see if it does something with the problem.
                    • 4,205 Posts
                    I think that you only need the htaccess file if you are using friendly urls.

Maybe there is a missing or corrupt file in the manager files during the FTP transfer. I suggest that you re-upload the manager files and try again.

• 13 Posts
                      Ok, I don’t really don’t think that what I have done is good, but after making htaccess files, resending files one by one in the manager folder, I just came up with this idea.

I took the missing folders that where named after the // in the first post and I clone those folders in

MyModxRoot/manager/includes/NameOfMyMissingFolder.

And now everything work. I don’t know why, I have some ideas why it occur, but with the media folder duplicated it work. If somebody have a better idea or can just find why modx is getting this strange behavior, it will be nice to know. Well, Thx for the help dev_cw it is greatly appreciate. At least I haven’t miss to set my htaccess.