We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hi, I’m attempting to fix the problem : http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,25590.0.html and I’ve installed modx on three different servers. Suddenly this morning, all three servers have the same issue with the manager:

The issue is that when you click on any of the secondary menu tabs (ie System Events, Preview, Clear Cache, Manage Resources etc), the main Content area goes white, for a second, and then the entire page reloads (as if Refresh has been clicked). On top of that, it seems about ever 30 seconds the entire page Refreshes as well. It appears as if it’s trying to load the contents for the Content area via ajax, it can’t do that successfully, so it reloads the entire page, and then keeps doing this in a loop.

Any idea what’s caused this? This has happened on all three servers; I haven’t changed ANY settings, code or anything else which would cause this. This problem wasn’t occuring yesterday. One of the servers is hosted by a different company. I am trying to get TreasureChest installed, but one of the servers doesn’t have that module installed and still has this issue (ie the problem is TC related). (my point is I can’t see any common factors other than modx)

This is the damnedst thing; why has this just started happening? I can’t even check the System Events in modx to see if there’s an issue. The server logs don’t show anything either.

Please help!
      • 11 Posts
      on a whim, i just tried this in Internet Explorer (6, WinXP SP2) and it doesn’t have this issue. I try it again in Firefox and the issue is there...

wtf?!
        • 2,310 Posts
        Similar problem has happened a couple of times to me.
        Firefox hangs inside the Manager. IE7 works fine.
        Next day Firefox works okay!
        I can only put it down to something server related as it has only ever happened on one particular site/server/host combination.
        • Could this be issues with a Firefox extension you have installed? The great variety and scope of what you can add into Fx makes it very possible that one of these extensions could be conflicting with CMS interfaces that depend on fairly complex Javascripts.
            • 11 Posts
            Thanks for the replies guys, now it’s working. The only "exotic" FF addons I have are Firebug and Web Developer Toolbar; they’re still installed and it’s working fine. Just a quirk, I guess.