We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello,

I have a stange situation.... my site works fine for anyone who browses to it using their web browser.

However, anytime Google tries to index it or if I try to validate the page at W3, they cannot load my page and instead get a 500 Internal Server Error.

Futhermore, each time a person visits my page, whether a human or a script, the following line is added to me error_log file:

Wed May 14 08:14:03 2008] [error] [client xxx.xx.52.13] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ’<’ in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxx.org/httpdocs/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(745) : eval()’d code on line 1

Perhaps I just need to reinstall modx? But I cannot figure out how to even go about debugging this issue. Why would the site load in a browser, but not for a script?

BTW, this error still comes up even with a blank document and no templates/snippets/chunks being loaded. (using version 0.9.6.1p2 )

Thanks,
    Brad