We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    I needed to create some snippets using PHP5 code and I added ’AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php’ to my .htaccess (my server has both PHP 4 & 5) but now my MODx doesn’t work properly

- I can’t login to manager (see image)
    - I can’t backup database on manager (link doesn’t work)
    - Seems that several pages have parse error because the ’done but with some errors’ script message appears on several pages
    - After trying almost everything I decided reinstall MODx but I can’t.. The install doesn’t recognice the checkbox!! I check the ’I agree’ to license agreement terms and the installer don’t go any further.. always back to license agreement again!
    - When I tried to modify some page, snippet, etc.. I receive thsi message ’Erm... You supposed to be here now?

What should I do to a smooth migration from PHP4 to PHP5?
    • Tough to say really; but this is definitely an issue with your PHP configuration. If you have both PHP 4 and 5, there needs to be some way to switch your systems between them; just adding that handler to Apache is not a solution. I suggest making sure your PHP configuration is correct before attempting to mess with MODx in that situtation; it sounds like Apache is confused on when to use PHP 4 and PHP 5, or perhaps PHP 5 is just not set-up properly.