We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 60 Posts
    traveller_ted Reply #1, 16 years ago
    Hi all,

Went to manager today and got this message. Appears to be a validation process, have already reinstalled using the existing set which was working yesterday but still the same result. The site works fine but can’t access The Management.

Thoughts Suggestions before I ftp a new copy from scratch?

Release 9.6.1p2

Host Unix
    Apache/1.3.41
    PHP/5.2.5
    This is a commercial hosting box so they may have done something I guess.

Regards
      • 956 Posts
      Compare the local and remote manager/index.php files: the last line is 924 and should empty
      line 923 should be: include_once "debug.inc.php";

Upload that file again... maybe you opened it with an editor that does some silly auto-code-completion?

• 60 Posts
        traveller_ted Reply #3, 16 years ago
        I’m now re-editing this post having discovered that my web host was hacked, with a script for traffurl.ru/sliv/?281236545 added to any index or main page on the site and associated domains. I have reapplied new passwords etc. on my side and informed the hosting company of the breach. Good thing here is that the manager detected the ’injection’ and locked out.

Original response
        Thanks for suggestion. Puzzle is* I’ve not been editing the php {for the reason I wanted to evaluate MODx as it is}, and this installation would be an ’eat your own dog food’ with additions made later, though I am building a PoC for a client in MODx as well.

However, I backed up the database, deleted the manager section completely, uploaded afresh and then reinstalled as a new installation, amended the SQL backup to match the new table prefix, ran that, and the site {and manager} is back live.

By the by, the reason for this approach was the realisation that the update process {not unreasonably} does not replace files, at least it didn’t for me, so the re-install - upgrade appears to look at the file and if it’s the latest version it ignores it.

Regards
        [Solved] but heads up