We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 47 Posts
    I’m wondering why the MODx parse error page is showing placeholders instead of the actual PHP error. See red text below:

Any parse errors I receive always come across as %s(%s): %s. Any ideas on why MODx would do this? Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help!

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: %s(%s): %s
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(769) : eval()’d code
    Line: 306

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0487 s (10 Requests)
    PHP: 0.6923 s
    Total: 0.7410 s
    • Check line 306 of any snippets or plugins you have applied to the page getting this error.
        • 47 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Apr 07, 2008, 05:21 PM

Check line 306 of any snippets or plugins you have applied to the page getting this error.

Yeah I know, I’m not reporting a problem with the snippet I’m using. The issue here is that the placeholders are not being parsed on the parsing error page. I would like to know how to fix the "%s(%s): %s" problem itself. I intentionally broke the snippet I was using to get a parsing error so I could show you guys on the boards.

I never really paid attention to it before but it seems like everyone else that posts a MODx parsing error does not get the "%s(%s): %s" on there error pages. I assumed it was a bug or maybe something wrong with my host.

Thanks OpenGeek, you’re doing a very good job around here wink