We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 208 Posts
    Have noticed that I have lost the Tinymce editor from all pages, they are all set as RTE and in the config section where it says editors the dropdown menu says none.

I think this has happened since I updated to the latest version 9.6.1.p2 before was 9.6.1

Looking at the sever in assets/plugins directory I see and tinymce212 folders

Does anyone have any ideas on whats gone wrong.

Cheers

Ian
      • 208 Posts
      Well solved the issue, if I delete all the files then upload the new package all works well, if I just upload the new package over the top of the old one then I loose the editor, seems like there must be something that does not get overwritten which stops the editor from being detected. What I dont understand is on my local machine this does not happen. huh

Anyway found a solution to my problem smiley
        • 208 Posts
        Just posting back I would like a little bit of info, when a new install of MODx is done is the only new file created the manager/includes/config.php

What I have done on 1 site is delete all the files empty database upload the new package complete full install then restore the database from my backup which is a fair bit of hassle but the only way I can get an updated version with the tinymce editor still intact.

I have just experimented on my local machine by deleteing all the files of my up to date MODx installation then replacing them with the files from the new package and just adding back in a previously copied version of the config file. once this is done I then loose tinymce this makes me wonder if there is another file somewhere created on installation or is this just some weird quirk only I have.

Cheers