We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi,

I’m new to MODx.

I’ve tried to install MODx on two different hosts, however the only thing I get is a blank page.

Host 1 is Hostgator
    Installation is running without any error message, htaccess was renamed, ch-mod changed.
    After installation running domain or domain/manager/ results in a blank page.

Host 2
    Installation running without any error, htaccess renamed, ch-mod changed
    Running domain results in a blank page.
    Running domain/manager/ I get this message:

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxxx/public_html/manager/media/style//login.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 129

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/xxxxx/public_html/manager/media/style//login.html in /home/xxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 130

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 130

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxx/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 131

May be someone has an idea to fix it.

Thanks in advance

• 956 Posts
      I got the same errors just recently, when I wanted to move an existing site. I accidentally truncated the two cache files (files were there, but no content, i.e. empty). But I never had this problem when I did a clean, new installation. Are you sure you weren’t moving an existing modx site?
        • 3 Posts
        Both installations are first time installations, no other script, on fresh created webspace.
        Nothing installed before.
          • 956 Posts
          Tell us more about the server setup: Apache, PHP, mySQL versions etc.
            • 3 Posts
            Host 1 - Hostgator
            Operating system Linux
            Machine Type i686
            Apache version 1.3.39 (Unix)
            PHP version 4.4.4
            MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

Host 2 - TVGHosting
            Apache version 2.0.61
            PHP version 5.2.4
            MySQL version 4.1.22-standard
            Architecture i686
            Operating system Linux
              • 59 Posts
              I’m having a similar problem. I can access the manager, sign-in and have managed to build the site without a problem, but when I log out of the manager, I can’t see the site from the front-end. Manager is working fine.

Just recently moved the site from a /beta subdirectory where is was working fine.
                • 143 Posts
                charlie-imac Reply #7, 15 years ago
                I’m having the same problem. Moved a site from local server to hosting account. I created a database on the server and restored from the local database. I then ftp the entire site up to the server and now I’m getting this problem.
                • You need to run install on the remote server in upgrade mode; your cache is invalid. You should typically install a clean copy of the software on the remote server, then move your data and files into place, or plan on running the upgrade after you move everything to the remote server.
                    • 143 Posts
                    charlie-imac Reply #9, 15 years ago
                    That sounds great but I don’t have a copy of 9.6.1. That’s why I copied it up to the server. I would use the new version but I’m getting errors with KoopsMailingList so I went with the 9.6.1 version I had here locally. Any other way to fix the cache problem?
                      • 143 Posts
                      How do I run install in upgrade mode? Really, do I just ftp the files to the server and run the install? How do I move my current installation to the server once I run the upgrade? Won’t they overwrite what’s there?