We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    I put my site to offline mode, and as soon as i did, the front page gave me this error:

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource: 
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 » 
          SQL: SELECT tv.*, IF(tvc.value!='',tvc.value,tv.default_text) as value FROM `eghad_CMSX`.`modx_site_tmplvars` tv INNER JOIN `eghad_CMSX`.`modx_site_tmplvar_templates` tvtpl ON tvtpl.tmplvarid = tv.id LEFT JOIN `eghad_CMSX`.`modx_site_tmplvar_contentvalues` tvc ON tvc.tmplvarid=tv.id AND tvc.contentid = '' WHERE tv.name IN ('Favico') AND tvtpl.templateid = 
          [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]SELECT tv.*, IF(tvc.value!='',tvc.value,tv.default_text) as value FROM `eghad_CMSX`.`modx_site_tmplvars` tv INNER JOIN `eghad_CMSX`.`modx_site_tmplvar_templates` tvtpl ON tvtpl.tmplvarid = tv.id LEFT JOIN `eghad_CMSX`.`modx_site_tmplvar_contentvalues` tvc ON tvc.tmplvarid=tv.id AND tvc.contentid = '' WHERE tv.name IN ('Favico') AND tvtpl.templateid =  

Parser timing 
      MySQL:  0.0009 s (0 Requests) 
      PHP:  0.0317 s   
      Total:  0.0326 s 

im using the latest version of Modx
    I have no idea whats caused it! any ideas? thanks.

-----------------------

If only life was simple......
      • 4,205 Posts
      Do you have an assigned document for when off-line, or are you using the text message? I am getting an error when no document is selected but if I select a document it works
        [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
        • 15 Posts
        Im using the text message in the config settings. I haven’t set a page.
          -----------------------

• 4,205 Posts
          Just out of curriosity try setting a document, it can have "blank" template and simply and the offline message to the content field and assign this as the offline page and see if it works.
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

• I’ve got 0962 rev 3510 and setting the site offline seems to be working just fine, both with and without a page assigned.

Are you still logged in as manager when this happens?
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 15 Posts
              it happens when im logged in or not. I can still get on the manager page, its just on the main page that its doing it on.

The version of modx i have is:

MODx version 0.9.6.1p2
              Version codename rev 3281

which i downloaded from here only a few days ago
                -----------------------

• 4,205 Posts
                I get this error on a 0.9.6.1 remote installation if site in off-line mode with no document selected:

« MODx Parse Error »
                MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                « `` is not numeric and may not be passed to makeUrl() »

Also older 0.9.6 installs work fine with no off-line document selected. I have not seen much discussion on this so it may be an isolated issue.

• 15 Posts
                  so if i make a document, it should be ok? cause i dont mind having to do that.
                    -----------------------