We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi,

I have built a couple of MODx sites, but never ran in to this problem:

If I select multiple paragraphs (be it pargraph tags or header tags or whatever) and change the style to, say, Header 2 (H2), the whole wrapping DIV goes away and gets replaced by the H2 tags.

Code:
    <div id="wrapper">
    <h1>Welcome to my site</h1>
    <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.</p>
    <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.</p>
    </div>

The reason I want this is to have a two column layout, and to be able to keep that layout inside TinyMCE.
    It seems impossible for now, but I was hoping someone would give me som valuable input.
    I have "solved" it by using a separate template variable for the second column, but then the "WYSIWYG" isn’t exactly WYSIWYG since linebreaks etc. change when the contents of a column is allowed to consume all available width in the TinyMCE editor (compare 300px width column on the site with >500px width of the TinyMCE editor).

Edit: oh, and this occurs in Firefox 2 and Safari 3 on Mac OS X 10.4 + 10.5. Probably in every other browser too.
    • That’s what template variables are for, and no, it’s not truly WYSIWYG that way. The nature of MODx architecture is not optimized for WYSIWYG editing and making it so would likely compromise a lot of the flexibility we currently offer to a web designer. Rather, MODx is optimized to helping you separate your pages into logical sections where you can isolate user contributions and limit the damage they can do to a properly developed XHTML/CSS site.

I suggest directing questions on the TinyMCE behavior to http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/support/ -- MODx simply allows you to make use of TinyMCE within the product via integration; we do not provide direct support for TinyMCE functionality itself.
        • 2 Posts
        Thanks OpenGeek, I’ll do that! Have a nice weekend.

And thanks for a great CMS!