We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 561 Posts
    Hello,
    I was doing a couple site upgrades from 0.9.6 to 0.9.6.1. I went to the download area, and chose 0.9.6.1p1, as it was listed as stable. I have very plain-vanilla Linux PHP 5.2.3 hosting, MySQL 4.1.22. MODx generally works highly reliably.

The upgrades seemed to install OK. But now when I go to Security... Manager Users, I get the following:

Fatal error: Class ’DataGrid’ not found in /home/blahblah/public_html/manager/actions/user_management.static.php on line 127

Anybody seen this? That’s the main problem, although I’m starting to see other strange snippet problems that I won’t enumerate now due to lack of time.

I may be paranoid, but the version inside MODx is now "0.9.6.1B". The "B" looks disturbingly like "beta". Can someone please confirm that this version is the correct current version?

I would have simply reported a bug, but I wanted to run this by you folks first. If everyone scratches their head, I guess I’ll see if my previous version of 0.9.6.1 works. sad

Thanks, Samba

MODx and Wordpress development
      Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
    • 0.9.6.1 and 0.9.6.1b differ only by a security patch which was applied to the original release. It should not have been versioned with a ’b’, as yes, that does look suspiciously like an indication of beta status, but it is not beta, and 0.9.6.2 will be available shortly.

I suspect it may just be an FTP issue. Also, try using the zip instead of the tar.gz if nothing else works; I’ve heard a few people had problems with the tar.gz for one reason or another.
        • 561 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Feb 06, 2008, 06:49 PM

0.9.6.1 and 0.9.6.1b differ only by a security patch which was applied to the original release. It should not have been versioned with a ’b’, as yes, that does look suspiciously like an indication of beta status, but it is not beta, and 0.9.6.2 will be available shortly.

I suspect it may just be an FTP issue. Also, try using the zip instead of the tar.gz if nothing else works; I’ve heard a few people had problems with the tar.gz for one reason or another.
        OG,
        Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed, I had used the Tar file - I thought for once I would get smart and save a little time by doing the Unix thing instead of Zip and FTP. I had also thought that the Tar method would be better at preserving exactly what the files should be. But that’s clearly not foolproof - a good lesson!

I tried FTP’ing the Zip version, and then did a re-install. (Evidently, uploading the files again trips a switch so the site won’t load without the re-install!) The site came up, but manager theme was borked. Tried the whole thing again, and 2nd time worked. All pointing to FTP problems, as you said.

I will try that with the other sites I "tarred and feathered". Maybe the other mysterious new snippet problems will also go away!

This sort of problem is very disconcerting - I really appreciate your help!

Thanks, Samba
          MODx and Wordpress development
          Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4