We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    Hi, I’m hosting a small internal website for training materials for my company and I am having an issue with a structured page tree that is restricted access requiring the user to log in each time they change pages within this structure.

So far it seems that the first tier pages don’t have this issue, it is simply the pages contained in folders.. I’m not very experienced with MODx or web development/coding ectera, however I did make sure to verify that all of the page permissions are properly set, as well as usergroups and page groups being properly setup and linked. I tried to find an option that noted how long a user could stay logged in before being force to log back in but I couldn’t find it.

Hope this is a simple solution! Thanks in advance!
    • Quote from: DarkOddity at Jan 22, 2008, 02:53 PM

Hi, I’m hosting a small internal website for training materials for my company and I am having an issue with a structured page tree that is restricted access requiring the user to log in each time they change pages within this structure.
      Huh? I don’t follow your requirement, nor have I ever heard of one similar. Can you explain your requirement better, because at the moment, I can’t conceive this at all...
        • 34 Posts
          [list][list]I’m downloading video capture software at the moment.. figured this would happen because I’m not very good at explaining technical problems. sad

Should be able to do it pretty soon.

---
          EDIT: Having trouble getting the software downloaded (Connection here is severely lacking)
          ---
          I have custom web user permission sets.

User Group: Employees
          Document Group: Employee Docs

Site Structure:
          [list]
        • Blog/News
        • Training Materials

• Training Topic 1

• Training Article
        • Training Article
        • Training Article
        • Training Article

• Sub-Article
        • Sub-Article
        • Sub-Article
        [/list]
        • Training Videos

• Video Category 1

• Video Article
        • Video Category 2

• Video Article
        [/list][/list]
        • Resources Page (Employee Usergroup)

• Company Directory
        • Software Downloads
        • Hidden Admin Page (Site Admin Usergroup)

Ok aparently this forum doesn’t handle it very well, but I think you get the just of the structure... Anything that is sub structured from a page or contained in a "folder" page requires the user to log in a second time.. Does that make sense?
          • 34 Posts
          I apologize in advance for the double post... here is the promised video download link.. Easiest way for me to show you what’s happening on my end.

http://www.darkoddity.com/LoginIssue.wmv

Obviously windows media format, but mentioning it anyways.

To explain a little what’s happening in the video, the list of links I am selecting pages from are created with the wayfinder plugin, default to the install, no customizations. The code I am using in the call is the following:
          [[Wayfinder? &startId=`55` &showDescription=`1`&ignoreHidden='false']]

Obviously each call is using a different startID to pull from different "folders". I have all the pages set to hidden status and the call to ignore hidden, I’m not sure if the hidden status is what’s logging the user out, or requiring the re-log, my testing hasn’t shown any results on that.

The strangest thing is the site was functional yesterday and now it’s not.

--------------
          Another update.... switched the single quotes to tildes in all of my wayfinder calls on the ignoreHidden command and it fixed most of the issues, still having issues getting back to the menu pages though, not sure why.

--------------
          Found a few more, cleared the cache and the problem is completely gone. Once again I have shown my inexperience and spammed the forums a bit! Apologies.