We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I have a working site that I’m trying to move to my new local computer. I copied the files, dumped the database, and imported it into the local database.

The site works fine on Localhost, and I can do an upgrade install (on localhost) with no problems. Whenever I try to access the manager, though, I get the dreaded 500 server error.

I renamed .htacces to x.htaccess so there’s no .htaccess file. There’s no php.ini file. I emptyied the manager log in the database, manually set FURLS to off, and did another upgrade install to clear the cache. I’ve cleared the browser cache.

It sort of smells like a permissions issue but it’s localhost on a Windows machine so things are either read-only or not (unless Vista has some permission/ownership quirks I don’t know about).

I’m out of things to try. Any suggestions?

MODx 9.6.2 (rev 3281)

XAMPP on Windows Vista Ultimate
    PHP 5.25
    MySQL 5.051
    Apache 2.2.6

[UPDATE] Never did figure out what was going on, but I re-downloaded the site, re-dumped the SQL, edited the paths in the SQL dump file manually, imported the SQL, edited config.inc.php and everything seems to be working as it should. The only difference is that this time I didn’t do a MODx install. The only things I can think of are a corrupt download or a mismatch between 9.6.1 and 9.6.2 (I don’t remember downloading 9.6.2 but that’s what the site claims to be.)

Bob
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting