We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 63 Posts
    Hi,

I use modx for quite a while now and had no big issues so far.
    But now my host updated php4 to php5 and now I get many error messages in the backend and the manager is unusable.
    I even tried a fresh install in a different dir. But same errors.

Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/5.2.5-pl1

Warning: include_once(quotes_stripper.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/hoster/html/modx/manager/index.php on line 90

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'quotes_stripper.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/hoster/html/modx/manager/index.php on line 90

Warning: include_once(config.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/hoster/html/modx/manager/index.php on line 127

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/hoster/html/modx/manager/index.php on line 127

Warning: include_once(document.parser.class.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/hoster/html/modx/manager/index.php on line 130

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'document.parser.class.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/hoster/html/modx/manager/index.php on line 130

Fatal error: Class 'DocumentParser' not found in /var/www/hoster/html/modx/manager/index.php on line 131

Any help on this would be nice!
      • 40 Posts
      I have the same problems. undecided

I have entered into "htaccess" following:

php_admin_value include_path ".:.:.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR:/server/domain.tld/manager/includes/"

And it just runs. But I believe that it should be otherwise resolved.

This does not work anymore /manager/index.php

// set some runtime options
      $incPath = str_replace("\\","/",dirname(__FILE__)."/includes/"); // Mod by Raymond
      if(version_compare(phpversion(), "4.3.0")>=0) {
          set_include_path($incPath); // this now works, above code did not?
      } else {
          ini_set("include_path", $incPath); // include path the old way
      }

Here’s a wrapper which is more tolerant as far as order of arguments is considered:

<?php
      if (version_compare(phpversion(), "4.3.0", ">=")) {
        // you're on 4.3.0 or later
      } else {
        // you're not
      }
      ?>

When you use .htaccess to set the include path, don’t forget Apache directive ’AllowOverride Options’ or ’AllowOverride All’ is also needed.
      • I believe you need to contact your host about include path problems. Sounds like they messed up the new configuration if they just converted to PHP 5. Of course, you provided no information about your environment, so these are just guesses.
          • 63 Posts
          Hi OpenGeek!

Thansk for your reply!

I have reported the problem to my host and they’ve fixed the error in their config...
            • 10 Posts
            for php 5.3 magic quotes issue:

Open file: /manager/index.php

delete 84.line

if (version_compare(phpversion(), "5.4") < 0) {
                @set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);

// include_once the magic_quotes_gpc workaround
                include_once "quotes_stripper.inc.php";
            }

add on top after <?php :

include_once "./includes/quotes_stripper.inc.php";

Done