We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    Just about everytime I generate a new document, Modx keeps returning me to manager login when I save the document and doesn’t save the document. Any idea on what I need to do to fix this.

running Ubuntu 7.10
    apache2
    php5
      Just because I don't know what I'm doing, it has never stopped my from breaking something.
      • 2,310 Posts
      Is it perhaps not creating a manager session, which could mean when you try to save your document you’re treated as not logged in and therefore won’t save the document and sends you to the log in page?
      You could try opening your site from the front end whilst still logged into the manager and see if the quick edit buttons are present.

David
        • 12 Posts
        Ok. I backed up the database, wiped modx and did a new install. Everything worked just fine. Wiped it again and restored the database and reinstalled modx. Now I have the same problem as before. I quess I’ll have to figure out which tables I need to import to get my documents back into a fresh install.
          Just because I don't know what I'm doing, it has never stopped my from breaking something.
          • 12 Posts
          OK Got it fixed. Had to delete everything and reinstall fresh and then import my content and template data back in. Boy what a pain huh