We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    Hello smiley

I recently used 9.6.1 for a new site. All my other sites are running 9.5

I noticed in the default template for 9.6.1 there is no reference in the header to:

<script src="[(base_url)]manager/media/script/scriptaculous/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="[(base_url)]manager/media/script/scriptaculous/scriptaculous.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Are these no longer necessary for 9.6.1?

What is now necessary that needs to be in the template header?

Regards,

Ken Roberts
    • Most of the default content has been converted to use mootools rather than scriptaculous and prototype. There is no requirement for any of these things to be in your front-end pages, though certain add-ons like QuickEdit will automatically insert what it needs (i.e. you’ll need to watch out for conflicts with such tools).
      • I think the DocManager Module may still uses prototype, but have not verified this.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • Quote from: rthrash at Dec 20, 2007, 10:36 PM

I think the DocManager Module may still uses prototype, but have not verified this.
          But (to avoid any confusion) this does not in any way affect scripts being generated into front-end web pages you create with MODx.