We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I just installed 0.9.6.2 and the first thing I noticed was that when I am logged into the manager, the front end bombs, due to quick-edit not finding its class file:

Error: include_once(assets/modules/quick_edit/output.class.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Hard coding the full server path fixed that. At that point I was still working off an IP address, rather than a domain name. Once the domain name started resolving , that issue was fixed, but then I got the same problem when I clicked on the ’Blog’ link of the demo site. I had to hard-code that too, to make it go away.

I know of a couple other posts about the same problem - http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=28950.0 - talks about both, but I was wondering if someone has a more sound solution besides hardcoding the path, or disabling quick-edit, or at least an explanation?

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the server API , namely as CGI, or as Apache handler , because of this line in the config.ini.php:

// automatically assign base_path and base_url
    if(empty($base_path)||empty($base_url)||$_REQUEST[’base_path’]||$_REQUEST[’base_url’]) {
    $sapi= ’undefined’;
    if (!strstr($_SERVER[’PHP_SELF’], $_SERVER[’SCRIPT_NAME’]) && ($sapi= @ php_sapi_name()) == ’cgi’) {
    $script_name= $_SERVER[’PHP_SELF’];
    } else {
    $script_name= $_SERVER[’SCRIPT_NAME’];
    }
    in my case it was CGI, but I am not that familiar with Linux server configurations, so I can’t be sure, I am not even sure what the difference is.

Thanks