We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi all,

I know this has been covered in forums, but I’m using a fresh copy of 0.9.6.2 and still have the following problems using <quickedit:content /> for Internet Explorer 6/7:

-no "Edit content" button shows up. This is a CSS problem (fixed by removing the class=’QE_link’ in output.class.inc.php)
    -clicking on the now showing "Edit content" link gives a "qe undefined" javascript error

This all works fine in Firefox, but it is a real shame it’s not working in IE. I’ve tried all the forum suggestions but to no avail.

Could someone shed any light on this?

Amadeus
    • No idea why it’s not working other than that bit of code hasn’t been given any attention for a couple of years. Have you tried using the [*#content*] method?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 3 Posts
        Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I tried [*#content*] to no avail. Is there an alternative plugin that people use for on-page editing? My users find it much easier to click the "Edit content" button on a page they’re viewing than navigating through the manager.

Why is quickedit still bundled with MODx if it has stopped working for years?

Amadeus
        • It’s never stopped working for me. It may be something unique to your particular environment.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 3 Posts
            Hi Ryan,

I tried using the minimal template and lo-and-behold it works fine. Narrowing things down I had some conflicting javascript in my template, which, once removed, made everything work!

Thanks for your patience and hard work,

Amadeus