We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 65 Posts
    Are there release notes for 0.9.6.2?

I was looking to find out if anything had changed in the SQL structure and if I actually needed to run the installer or if I could just upload the new manager directory and be done. Anyone know the answer to either question?

Thanks in advance.

• 128 Posts
      Quote from: foniksonik at Nov 07, 2008, 06:54 AM

Are there release notes for 0.9.6.2?

I was looking to find out if anything had changed in the SQL structure and if I actually needed to run the installer or if I could just upload the new manager directory and be done. Anyone know the answer to either question?

Thanks in advance.
      Release notes - Yes, Looking in the install folder for changelog.txt there where a whole load of updates for 0.9.6.2

And yes you will need to run the installer as there were some database changes. Here is one example if you do not: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,29098.0.html
        • 65 Posts
        Ah I didn’t look in the install folder, just at the top level, my bad. Maybe a README.txt file that gives a quick notification of a few things would be helpful?

Thank you for downloading ModXCMS X.X.X

Updated on [update date]

If upgrading please review changelog file in install folder.. (plus any other reminders to people who are not familiar)

• 65 Posts
          Also in that case I’m getting this error when running the upgrade:

#1283 - Column ’description’ cannot be part of FULLTEXT index

Is this specific to MySQL version? other known issue which can be addressed?
            • 65 Posts
            Think i found my problem....

Form MySQL 5.0 docs:

"Although the use of multiple character sets within a single table is supported, all columns in a FULLTEXT index must use the same character set and collation."

I believe mine is mixed as I was changing from a default install swedish_ci to unicode to support multiple languages....

I’ll remove the index, fix the collation then add it back in... does that make sense?

• 4,205 Posts
              Quote from: foniksonik at Nov 07, 2008, 03:49 PM

"Although the use of multiple character sets within a single table is supported, all columns in a FULLTEXT index must use the same character set and collation."
              That explains why I have seen this problem before. Makes sense. I think there have been some changes/fixes to how collation/charset are set during the install/upgrade process over that last few releases.
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]