We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 152 Posts
    Hi all.

My FCKeditor fails bigtime in MODx 0.9.6.2. It does show up but I can’t upload anything, it doesn’t show my thumbnails and it doesn’t let me create any folders!!!!

I tested it on 2 hosts (yourhosting and sohosted) both result the same so it has to be the version of MODx, here’s why:

Sohosted > mdbzone.nl > 0.9.6.2 > FCKeditor fails, see screenshot 1
    Sohosted > mmphotography.tk > 0.9.6.2 > FCKeditor fails, see screenshot 1
    Sohosted > team-dedicated.tk > 0.9.6.2 > FCKeditor fails, see screenshot 1

Yourhosting > schrauwen-heftrucks.nl > 0.9.6.2 > FCKeditor fails, see screenshot 1
    Yourhosting > www.meli.nl > 0.9.6.1p2 > FCKeditor works, see screenshot 2

Obviously FCKeditor doesn’t want to load in the 0.9.6.2 version of MODx while the earlier version does. I really need to get this fixed somehow since I use it for work as well.

I was think myself it could be caused by another add-on but I don’t think that’s the reason since mmphotography.tk is a clean install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Michael / mDesign
      Quality doesn't need a big signature.
      • 2,314 Posts
      Hi there,

did you check the resource-path, resource-url and the filemanager path in the manager -> configuration? compare the settings of the working and the non working site...

cheers, j
        • 152 Posts
        Nice suggestion but unfortunatly it didn’t help. The complete configuration is the same. All slashes, paths, etc are there.
          • 152 Posts
          Please, any one?

This problem is really annoying sad
            • 1,336 Posts
            OK, when I invoke it on my test box from inside my document editor which is TinyMCE I get this rather long URL :-
            http://localhost/modx-0.9.6.2/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.php?Connector=/modx-0.9.6.2/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php&ServerPath=/modx-0.9.6.2/&editor=tinymce3&editorpath=/modx-0.9.6.2/assets/plugins/tinymce3101&type=images
            This seems to be similar to what your getting on your working example, what do you get on your broken ones?

Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
              • 152 Posts
              Sorry for this extremly late reply, I totally forgot about this since I was using an older version but got the problem again now using the newest version (0.9.6.3):

This the working CLEAN install on my localhost testmachine:
              http://localhost/modx-0.9.6.3/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.php?Connector=/modx-0.9.6.3/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php&ServerPath=/modx-0.9.6.3/&editor=tinymce&editorpath=/modx-0.9.6.3/assets/plugins/tinymce3201&type=images

The bar with the address won’t be displayed in the failing NOT_CLEAN install online sad
                • 152 Posts
                Okay I ’fixed’ it by setting the following settings back to the standard settings:

Language: English
                Manager HTML and XML Language Attribute: en
                Published default: No
                Cacheable default: Yes
                Searchable default: Yes
                Menu indexing default: Yes
                Front-end Editor Language: English
                Theme: Content Editor
                Custom Plugins: style,advimage,advlink,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media
                Custom Buttons: Row 1: undo,redo,selectall,separator,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator,nonbreaking,hr,charmap,separator,image,link,unlink,anchor,media,separator,cleanup,removeformat,separator,fullscreen,print,code,help
                Row 2: bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,sub,sup,separator,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,separator,styleselect,formatselect,separator,styleprops
                Row 3: -
                Row 4: -

I think it’s the Content Editor that f###’s it up smiley At least it fixed when you use the above settings in the Configuration tab grin
                  • 152 Posts
                  Okay this was where I went wrong:

Custom Plugins: style,advimage,advlink,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media
                  Custom Buttons: Row 1: undo,redo,selectall,separator,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator,nonbreaking,hr,charmap,separator,image,link,unlink,anchor,media,separator,cleanup,removeformat,separator,fullscreen,print,code,help
                  Row 2: bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,sub,sup,separator,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,separator,styleselect,formatselect,separator,styleprops
                  Row 3: -
                  Row 4: -

I used this to have more buttons and stuff it f###k’s the filemanager up ^^

Custom Plugins: safari,spellchecker,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,imagemanager,filemanager
                  Custom Buttons: Row 1: save,newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect
                  Row 2: cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor
                  Row 3: tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen
                  Row 4: insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,spellchecker,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,blockquote,pagebreak,|,insertfile,insertimage

I’m sorry for the doublepost but I couldn’t modify/quickedit the posts above so.

I’m now going to find out which part is the screw up smiley keep you people posted.

-----------------------------------

Problem solved:
                  inlinepopups, shouldn’t be in the line of "Custom Plugins:". If you remove this plugin the filemanager works perfect!

So the correct settings are:
                  Custom Plugins: safari,spellchecker,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,imagemanager,filemanager
                  Custom Buttons: Row 1: save,newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect
                  Row 2: cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor
                  Row 3: tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen
                  Row 4: insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,spellchecker,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,blockquote,pagebreak,|,insertfile,insertimage
                    • 38 Posts
                    @mdesign...thanks for posting. your fix (removing inlinepopups from plugins line) worked perfectly for me. happy image browsing!
                      • 1 Posts
                      mDesign - thanks again!!! - Our web designer left us high and dry without support and I’ve been tearing my hair out for abt 3 weeks with this problem