We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    I came across another document group-related issue.

I have a document group and a group of frontend users linked together. Frontend users have read-only rights. The site is now switched offline, so when I’m logged in the manager, I can view the site. However, when I try to access pages assigned to the document group, I get the error page. When I login as a frontend user and I’m logged into the manager, I can view and edit the site from the frontend. Tried setting the site online, same results.

My site has only one document group, one frontend usergroup and the Administrators group is the only group with editing permissions.

Any ideas on this?
    • Quote from: Ramchester at Nov 20, 2008, 08:32 PM

I came across another document group-related issue.

I have a document group and a group of frontend users linked together. Frontend users have read-only rights. The site is now switched offline, so when I’m logged in the manager, I can view the site. However, when I try to access pages assigned to the document group, I get the error page. When I login as a frontend user and I’m logged into the manager, I can view and edit the site from the frontend. Tried setting the site online, same results.

My site has only one document group, one frontend usergroup and the Administrators group is the only group with editing permissions.

Any ideas on this?
      I’ve read that several times and do not find a problem. What you described is intended behavior.
        • 23 Posts
        So it’s ok if I’m logged into the manager with admin rights and can’t view protected pages in the frontend? I thought logging in as an admin gives permissions to view an entire site, protected pages and all.

Or this could just be a case of "I’m missing something"...
          • 4,205 Posts
          That is correct. You can view all pages in the manager but not in the frontend when logged as manager. In modx 096x "web users=frontend" and "manager users=manager", so to have access to the private sections of the site in the frontend you will need to log in as a web user as well.

Yes, this is odd and it has addressed in Revolution (currently in alpha). However in 096x you will still need to have a web user and a manager user to view the entire site in the frontend.
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
            • 23 Posts
            Ok, thanks for clearing that up. So in other words, everything works how it should work. Nice. wink