We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Hello, I know that usually the questions about the future and approximate release dates don’t like to the developers, but I just want to know a little bit.
    Finally I have decided to use MODx after a long search about CMS, I think that MODx is very powerful although it’s in early stage yet. The most important for me now is not the present but the future (not too far).
    I have read the roadmap and it’s excellent, but I want to know how long would take to do that. Mainly, how long until easier way to publish modules (or blocks, or whatever called), manage resources without use code and so on.
    I will help as much as I can because I’m very interested in this project.
    Thank you very much to everybody, developers and users, both of them necessaries for the successful.
      • 680 Posts
      Well for the very near future we’re right now doing final testing for a 0.9.1 release that I hope will be out before Christmas.

For the more long term there are two major projects going on right now. One dealing with an overhaul of the API, database and database abstraction (among other things) and one dealing with a completely new manager and methods for developing for the manager (among outher things). These are both huge projects and it’ll probably be a couple months before you see these projects make it into a release.

These two projects should take care of most of the things in the roadmap. Some of the things that will be coming later are workflow and content versioning (although I should have a very basic module for versioning soon).

I hope this gives you a better idea for where we’re headed and when. Please feel free to ask questions along thees lines, I know we’re not always too good at communicating what we’re working on.