We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    After upgrading from 0.9.6.2 to 0.9.6.3-rc1 I can not login to MODx manager (see attached screenshot). After typing my admin username and password into the login form, I’m only seeing the ACCESS DENIED message.
    I’ve never seen this new login page before and previous upgrades e.g. from 0.9.6.1-p2 to 0.9.6.2 were successful.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Thank you
    Olaf
    • It looks like some files were not properly transferred over. Did you try to re-upload the files and run the installer in upgrade mode?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 12 Posts
        Thanks Ryan, yes, I’ve tried that with the same result as before.

This time I downloaded the modx-0.9.6.3-rc1.tar.gz file and uploaded (overwritten) all files to the server. After pointing the the browser to the /install folder and selecting the Upgrade Existing Install option, everything went fine until I come to the manager login page.

Maybe the server configuration can help to figure out the issue:
        Linux 2.6.24.4 SMP
        Apache 2.0
        PHP 4.4.8
        MySQL 5.0.27

Version 0.9.6.2 is running fine on the same environment
        • Is the manager login page the same as in the screenshot above? I don’t see how the JIRA login page is showing up on the modx login page; that content doesn’t exist in the code that downloads.

Did you try it with the language set to English?
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 12 Posts
            Yes, you can check the URL if you like
            www.sturmduo.de/manager

This is strange, isn’t it? And yes, default language was set to English.
              • 4,213 Posts
              The german language file in 0.9.6.3-rc1(\manager\includes\lang\german.inc.php) seems to have some jira html page as it’s content..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • Try replacing the german language file with the one attached here:
                http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-415
                • Confirmed the German language file was completely borked and was my fault on the commit. That new file should resolve the issue.
                    • 12 Posts
                    Thank you very much guys,

the new german language file fixed the problem.

cheers
                    Olaf
                      • 45 Posts
                      The installation files should be updated, too. I just tried the 0.9.6.3rc1-zip file and the german include file is still broken...

Jörg