We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,010 Posts
    I’ve just been asked to upgrade a by now very old 092 installation for someone. Before I dive into it I’d like to know if
    anybody has any idea if the 0962 would run on a server with these specs?

Redhat Linux
    Apache 1.3.4
    PHP 4.3.3
    MySQL 3.23

Upgrading these specs is out of the question at the moment.
    • What snippets and plugins are running? Are they relying on the then-built-in visitor statistics?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,010 Posts
        No, the visitor stats can be dropped without problem. By now I have their site running on my local server in 0.9.6.2 without any problems. It’s just that I can’t replicate their server set up somewhere to test it with those specs.
        • I suspect it will work. Just make sure to do a full backup first in the event something goes a bit wonky! (And convince them to upgrade their environment ASAP)
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,010 Posts
            Thanks Ryan.
            I think I’ll copy the database and install 096 in parallel and yes I will definitively encourage them to get things upgraded asap.