We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 134 Posts
    I’ll answer my own question here, since no one else has. The issue mentioned below has been resolved in the most recent release of TinyMCE (3.1.0.1a), which is included with the latest release of MODx (0.9.6.2)

Quote from: paulb at Sep 09, 2008, 12:27 AM

Quote from: uxello at Aug 14, 2008, 03:24 PM

3.1.0.1a is working very nicely for me laugh ... just one minor niggle that keeps cropping up.

When editing a document and clicking save I get the ’Are you sure you want to navigate away....’ message. Even though I am not navigating away, I’m clicking Save.

It seems to be browser specific, the bug only shows up on IE7, FF3 is fine. I have several modx installs all behave the same.

Richard

Has this issue been resolved yet? I’ve been having the same problem with version 3.1.0.1.(2008-06-18). I haven’t tried 3.1.0.1a, but I could, if the problem has been addressed there.
      • 128 Posts
      Quote from: paulb at Sep 17, 2008, 05:14 PM

I’ll answer my own question here, since no one else has. The issue mentioned below has been resolved in the most recent release of TinyMCE (3.1.0.1a), which is included with the latest release of MODx (0.9.6.2)

Quote from: paulb at Sep 09, 2008, 12:27 AM

Quote from: uxello at Aug 14, 2008, 03:24 PM

3.1.0.1a is working very nicely for me laugh ... just one minor niggle that keeps cropping up.

When editing a document and clicking save I get the ’Are you sure you want to navigate away....’ message. Even though I am not navigating away, I’m clicking Save.

It seems to be browser specific, the bug only shows up on IE7, FF3 is fine. I have several modx installs all behave the same.

Richard

Has this issue been resolved yet? I’ve been having the same problem with version 3.1.0.1.(2008-06-18). I haven’t tried 3.1.0.1a, but I could, if the problem has been addressed there.

Paul, I still get the ’Are you sure...’ message with 0.9.6.2 and the included TinyMCE (3.1.0.1a). This is when changing the document, leaving the ’after saving’ as close and clicking save.
      Richard
        • 134 Posts
        Quote from: uxello at Sep 17, 2008, 05:28 PM

Paul, I still get the ’Are you sure...’ message with 0.9.6.2 and the included TinyMCE (3.1.0.1a). This is when changing the document, leaving the ’after saving’ as close and clicking save.
        Richard
        Actually, you’re right. I had only tested briefly with the "continue editing" radio button selected, and it worked that one time, but I’m wondering if that was because I didn’t actually make any changes. Now I get the error message every time again, no matter which "after saving" option is checked.

Anyone have a solution for this?
          • 1,131 Posts
          Hey Paul,

The functions that determine whether a document is dirty and causes the ’Are you sure you want to navigate away....’ to occur are a bit buggy. I noticed this behavior before and have noted it in my own list of to-do’s. This functionality really needs to be rethought and re-implemented better. This will automatically be done with MODx Revolution since the libraries being used in the manager are different. However, within the current code base, it definitely needs to be touched on at some point.

Just a quick FYI for ya. laugh

Jeff
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."