We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 128 Posts
    This one got me for a while.

After upgrading to 0.9.6.2 I could not access or upload any resources using the mcpuk resource browser. Initially I thought it was a TinyMCE issue, but it also failed for TV images.

I noticed the ’Resource path’ in ’Tools->Configuration->Interface & Features’ is now forced to be relative to the server root. i.e in my case assets/ . Where before I had var/www/html/assets.

This is fine except I had previously overridden the ’Resource path’ in Security->Manager Users->User . Here it does not force a relative path and I still had an absolute path i.e. var/www/html/assets/user1. After changing this to  assets/user1 all worked as expected.
      • 2,310 Posts
      I’ve just carried out a standard upgrade on a local machine install and lost the content in the resource browser.
      The fix was to update some values in the DB.
      rb_base_url => assets/
      rb_base_dir => assets/

in the modx_user_settings table
      where the user is 1 (admin)
      This gave me back the files & images.
      It would seem, on a local XP machine running WAMPserver( Apache 2.2.6, MySQL 5.0.45 & PHP 5.2.5 ), the upgrade doesn’t reset these values from the original absolute path to the new relative one.
        • 134 Posts
        This one took up too much of my time trying to figure out. So for individual users, the path to the resource directory now starts with "assets" instead of from from the root of the file structure on the server. Ugh. Well, at least now I know.