We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    Hello,

I created a unixtime date TV - clicking on the calendar icon when editing the page and trying to enter a date causes an javascript error: ’caltv’ is undefined - line 684, char 22. (IE7) - firefox creates an error as well

I used the following variable name: tv-fromDate - putting it to tvFromDate seems to work?!

Am I doing something wrong or what’s the problem?

Thank you
      • 53 Posts
      I had this problem also. It happens when you put a minus in your TV name.

Fix here: http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/1076
        • 53 Posts
        ...which is a duplicate of http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/853
          • 53 Posts
          How come this one-liner didn’t make it into 0.9.6.2?
          • The bug tracker that is more actively maintained is located at the link in the header here. We’ve not shut the old one down in case there are lingering issues. If you create a patch and submit to Jira for review you’ll be able to see those types of fixes make it in much more quickly and with certainty. Flyspray did not offer that type of integration with our Subversion repository.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 53 Posts
              Thanks for the reply Ryan.

Here’s a message I sent to OpenGeek and sirlancelot in July though:

Hi,

I posted a small TV bugfix in the forum a while ago but nobody seems to have noticed it. I think it was just before the switch to Jira. If you (or some other member of the coding team) have time, I’d appreciate if you would look at committing it.

Cheers,
              shuriken

I posted the fix before the link in the header was changed to Jira. I don’t want to make a big deal about it but this is probably the fourth issue I’ve commented on and been ignored. Now as a result, I have to upgrade to 0.9.6.2 and manually patch my client sites for the sake of a one-liner.

If the code and suggestions are no good I think it’s better to say so than just ignore someone. If the contribution is in the wrong place or format, it would be good to find out before it’s too late.
                • 4,205 Posts
                If the contribution is in the wrong place or format, it would be good to find out before it’s too late.
                It’s never too late. There have been a lot of changes going on with the modx site structure and in the process of migrating over to Jira some things may have been misplaced.
                  [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                  Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                • And, whilst it’s still fresh - just committed to SVN as commit #4084 so it’ll definitely be in the next MODx 0.9.x release.
                    Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                    • 53 Posts
                    Cheers garryn. Was still creating the issue in JIRA smiley
                    • shuriken, what about the other three overlooked issues. Those are important to us too. smiley
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me