We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    I’ve been using file manager on my site for over 2 years (evolution 0.9.6.3, on hostmonster.com apache server php5). A client did some updates this morning that caused a problem, and when looking around in file manager to fix the problem she went into the folder that contained the css files. The css files were deleted just by viewing them. I found her original editing problem (missing </div> tag) and fixed it, then also discovered the missing css files. I sent them back up to the server using an outside ftp program (filezilla) and all was fixed. Then, in trying to see what had caused the problem (I did not believe that she hadn’t accidentally deleted the files herself) I went into file manager and looked at the folders. As soon as I viewed the templates folder that contains the css files they were deleted and my site broke. I sent them up with filezilla again and at the moment all seems fine, but this is a highly critical situation. My client can’t use the site if she can’t use file manager....

Saw these old unresolved posts when searching for help.
    Bug 1871 in JIRA
    old post- http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,17674.0.html

They had no solutions....

Can anyone help??

Thanks- Teri
      ModX 1.0.4
      MySQL version 5.1.47-community-log
      No tables over 1MB
      Apache version 2.2.16
      PHP version 5.2.14
      Linux
      Architecture x86_64
      I have windows XP SP3, Firefox 3.6.
      • 24,544 Posts
      I’d recommend upgrading to the current version of Evolution (1.0.4 or 1.0.5 if it’s available). The version you’re using is quite out-of-date and has some security vulnerabilities. I suspect that the problem will go away with the upgrade.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 24 Posts
        I updated to 1.04 and it did not solve the problem. I posted a new topic on the 1.04 support forum. Didn’t mean to double post, but I knew it didn’t belong on this forum anymore and didn’t know how else to handle it. Any help I can get to solve this would be greatly appreciated!!!
          ModX 1.0.4
          MySQL version 5.1.47-community-log
          No tables over 1MB
          Apache version 2.2.16
          PHP version 5.2.14
          Linux
          Architecture x86_64
          I have windows XP SP3, Firefox 3.6.