We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    One of our users has somehow managed to create and publish a page in MODx that they now can no longer access via the manager, and they need to delete the page.

Even as admin, I can’t access the page either: clicking on its icon to try to bring up the context menu results in absolutely nothing happening; clicking on the page title to try to bring up the "Page data" page also results in nothing happening.

Does anybody know if there is any other way that I can try to delete the page, short of manually hacking around the database?

(And if it turns out that I do need to hack around the database, what data would I need to delete in order to delete this corrupt page (and without causing the rest of the site to topple over!)?)

Thanks for any help!

Site info: MODx 0.9.6.3, RHEL 5.5, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5.0.77, pdo_mysql: Don’t know, php-pdo RPM (v 5.1.6) is installed, is this the same thing?, browser: have tried various (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera) on various computers/OS with no luck.
      Please don't PM me unless it's absolutely essential: if a technical question is worth asking, it's worth asking in public, so that others can share their experience, and so that all can learn from the answers.
      • 79 Posts
      Just in case somebody else experiences a similar problem, it turns out that although there didn’t seem to be any way that I could access the page from the page list in the manager, I could use the ’Site » Search’ function to search for the page by ID, and then delete it from there. Whew!
        Please don't PM me unless it's absolutely essential: if a technical question is worth asking, it's worth asking in public, so that others can share their experience, and so that all can learn from the answers.