We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    I haven’t touched my Modx website for a month or two, and now I’ve just gone to make some changes and am getting the following errors;

When editing a page;

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Incorrect key file for table ’./web175@002dkppsmodx/modx_site_content.MYI’; try to repair it »
    SQL: UPDATE `web175-kppsmodx`.`modx_site_content` SET introtext=’’, content=’

(and then shown the content of the page, but changes not saved), and after this I can’t access the admin panel and get the following;

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Table ’./web175@002dkppsmodx/modx_site_content’ is marked as crashed and should be repaired »
    SQL: SELECT published FROM `web175-kppsmodx`.`modx_site_content` WHERE id=1
    [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0004 s (0 Requests)
    PHP: 1284017225.1801 s
    Total: 1284017225.1805 s

can anyone shed any light to help me out please?

David.
      • 18 Posts
      The whole website is not available now:

http://www.kingsparkprimaryschool.co.uk/

« MODx Parse Error »

« Execution of a query to the database failed - Table ’./web175@002dkppsmodx/modx_site_content’ is marked as crashed and should be repaired »
      SQL: SELECT DISTINCT sc.published FROM `web175-kppsmodx`.`modx_site_content` sc LEFT JOIN `web175-kppsmodx`.`modx_document_groups` dg on dg.document = sc.id WHERE (sc.id IN (1) AND sc.published=1 AND sc.deleted=0 ) AND (sc.privateweb=0) GROUP BY sc.id LIMIT 1
      [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

Parser timing
      MySQL: 0.0059 s (1 Requests)
      PHP: 0.0317 s
      Total: 0.0376 s
        • 18 Posts
        OK, panic over ... for some reason the SQL table became locked, a quick repair later and all’s well.

Ta

D
          • 24,544 Posts
          I’m glad you got it sorted, but you should really upgrade (especially since you’ve published your URL here). The current version is 1.0.4 and there have been a number of important security fixes since your version.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 18 Posts
            Thanks, it is as simple as just downloading package,unzipping it and uploading replacement files?
            • For the most part, yes. However, there are some precautions that should be taken in dealing with such a wide version shift. Here is how I handle such an upgrade.

1. Clear all log tables (manager user log, system events log) as well as the site cache.
              2. Check and optimize all the tables.
              2. Back up the entire site, database and files. Make sure to log out of the manager.
              3. Download the latest Evolution 1.0.4 (NOT Revolution 2.0) and unzip it locally.
              4. Upload the manager and install folders, overwriting the existing manager folder and files.
              5. Upload the folders inside the assets folder except for the snippets folder. This is because the snippets have in some cases changed quite a bit, and the snippet calls in your content and templates will no longer work if the snippet code is upgraded.
              6. Upload the index.php and other files in the main directory.
              7. Run the installer (install/index.php) in upgrade mode (it will be selected automatically because it finds the manager/includes/config.inc.php file; if for some reason it doesn’t upload it into place from your backup...you did backup first, right?). Make sure that you DO NOT upgrade the snippets; the plugins and modules must be upgraded to match the new ones you uploaded.
              8. When you login, the Configuration should be open; if it isn’t open Tools->Configuration and save it; this will reset the main site cache file.

Everything should be working as before. If you wish, you can now upgrade the snippets one by one, checking their documentation to make sure you modify your snippet calls to have the correct parameters.

If you have problems, make sure you’re logged out of the manager, clear your browser cache and cookies for the domain, and log in again. You also may need to empty (not delete) the assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php file and save the configuration again to completely clear and refresh the site cache.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org