We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    I’ve been redesigning an old site based on modx 0.9.6.3. I am using some template variables with rich text for the user to add extra content to certain pages. This has been working just fine on my local server, but after uploading it to the production server, any changes done to the template variable (from the document) will not be saved.

Anyone got any idea what’s going on?
    • I believe this behavior was fixed in the 1.0.2 release.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 27 Posts
        Ouch. Will the 0.9.6.3 database work with the 1.0.2, or do I have to add all the content over again?
          • 195 Posts
          Just do an upgrade install and you’ll be fine.

Greetz
          JUSI
            • 27 Posts
            Thanks, I’ll give it a try.
              • 27 Posts
              Then it’s just for me to say thanks for your help. I upgraded to 1.0.2 and everything was working like a charm.
              • :D
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 3 Posts
                  I am still experiencing this issue with one of my modx sites. All worked fine in 0.9.6. I upgraded to 1.0.2 and now TVs will not save. I have a separate 1.0.2 site that DOES work. Any suggestions?
                    • 3 Posts
                    I fixed this issue (for me) by changing the "save_content.processor.php" file. In the section that updates tvs (line begins "$sql = "SELECT DISTINCT tv.*, ...") I changed all instances of $row[’name’] to $row[’id’] as was the case in modx 1.0.0

Now my template variable content saves properly and can be modified properly. I do not know why this solves the problem. As I said previously, I performed an upgrade install from 0.9.6 to 1.0.2 and that is when the problem started. Meanwhile I have another 1.0.2 site that never had this problem.