We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    One of our users has started reporting that they are unable to preview a not-published page (ie, Page Settings -> Published? is unticked) that they are editing, by using the "Preview" tab.

This is not a feature that I normally use myself (publish, view in a new browser window, and then re-edit until done, is my way), but having tested this, the problem also occurs to me as well.

When trying to preview the not-published page, instead of the preview, the MODx preview tab displays the following error message:

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 »
          SQL: SELECT fullname FROM `modx`.`modx_user_attributes` WHERE `modx`.`modx_user_attributes`.id = 

It looks as though one of the MODx SQL calls is getting truncated part-way through.

Does anybody have any ideas what may be causing the problem, and how I could resolve it?

Thanks for any advice.
      Please don't PM me unless it's absolutely essential: if a technical question is worth asking, it's worth asking in public, so that others can share their experience, and so that all can learn from the answers.
      • 121 Posts
      lolz i love these unanswered posts I come to, from google search, on so many occasions.

I have a similar problem - once unpublished the page throws up a lot of html code back if a user is not logged in. No 404 page.
      • This is simple issue: you are trying to preview an unpublished page that requires a user (the error indicates there is a snippet on that page which requires a user to exist and be logged in).
          • 1 Posts
          The issue is really simple. all those having this problem should just update Jot to newer version. The one included in the package has an error.
          As you can see, here lies the error: .....secip=’127.0.0.1’,sechash=’66bdcc49bb898112067978e80ee45071’,uparent=’9’,tagid=’’,published=’1’ WHERE id=;
            Welcome to the Bytesland
            • 1 Posts
            I was also getting this error but then I have read OpenGeek reply here and sort out the problem. Thanks to OpenGeek
              • 1 Posts
              L’issue est vraiment simple. tout ceux qui ont ce problème devraient juste mettre à jour prennent à une plus nouvelle version. Celui a inclus dans le paquet a une erreur.