We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 78 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Nov 11, 2009, 08:18 AM

Any idea what you were doing that might have corrupted the cache? Closing the browser window during a save or being logged in and doing work as the same Manager in different session at the same time are the only things I can think of and I’m not sure either would do that.

No idea. The only action we took the night before was a complete backup of the system, but that wasn’t even done through MODx. It was a database and file back up. Everything was running smoothly until I woke up to the MODx error. Scary huh?

I did contemplate upgrading to 1.0.2, but this is a relatively large government website, and since we need to go live this week, an upgrade isn’t a risk we wanted to take on.

On a side note [to the MODx developers] the idea of paid support and upgrade services would be something we’d consider with important projects such as this one. smiley
      • 13 Posts
      I would link this to my post on this issue, but don’t know how (it is referenced above somewhere, shorner).

Good to know that there is a simple solution to this problem. My heart was in my throat when it happend to me! I recall now that around the time I experience this problem I was working quickly and clicking to open and edit a new document while modx was telling me to please wait while it cleaned up--maybe this corrupted the cache?

I think that, in my case, it was re-naming the assets folder that allowed me to get ftp access back, and then by uploading the default assets folder from modx install I got things working again. SO this might have just been an elaborate way of clearing the cache...

• You definitely got rid of the cache files that way. wink
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me