We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Hi There

After successfully installing Modx 9.6.3, The manager page is blank. I have viewed past threads on this but I am no wiser. I am not too technical no server issues but the info I can give you is that. I am running Php 5.16 and the PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.0.22

Please Help!
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: bemiirone at Jul 07, 2009, 04:50 PM

Hi There

After successfully installing Modx 9.6.3, The manager page is blank. I have viewed past threads on this but I am no wiser. I am not too technical no server issues but the info I can give you is that. I am running Php 5.16 and the PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.0.22

Please Help!

You are installing 0.9.6.3? Or Revolution 2.0-beta-1?

Try upgrading your memory_limit to 64M.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 6 Posts
        Hi splittingred

Its 0.9.6.3. The memory_limit is 32m. I will try to increase it to 64m once I find out how to do it with ssh from my hostiong support.
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: bemiirone at Jul 07, 2009, 05:14 PM

Its 0.9.6.3. The memory_limit is 32m. I will try to increase it to 64m once I find out how to do it with ssh from my hostiong support.

Then you’re in the wrong forum. smiley I’ll move this topic to a more appropriate forum.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 6 Posts
            Thanks, I’m new to this!
              • 6 Posts
              Still no luck with this.

I edited the php.ini to increase the memory but no luck. I still get a blank page even with display_errors set to on. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really like to get started with MODx.

Cheers

Bemi
              • 0.9.6.3 requires the mysql extension (not PDO_mysql). Make sure this is available. Otherwise, without more information, it’s gonna be hard to determine why you are getting a blank manager page. Make sure everything got uploaded properly and installation completes normally.
                  • 6 Posts
                  Thanks for Replying Opengeek

How do I determine whether the mysql extension is available? Would it be indicated on the php ini file? It seemed to install correctly. The default homepage is there but nothing for /manager even with display_errors on. I wish there was a way for me to get more information. I am really eager to get in working in MODx. I even bought the book "MODx Web Development" (Packt) in anticipation.

So any help you can give I am appreciative of.

Thanks

Bemi
                  • If it installed, and you can see the default home page, then you’ve got mysql. I’ve installed 0.9.6.3 with a default memory setting of 8mb with no problems, so I doubt that’s your problem either.

Try uploading the manager folder again; some files may have gotten corrupted the first time.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                      • 6 Posts
                      Thanks for your help guys.

I did a completely new installation and it worked! I did a lot of messing about with the permissions and the config.inc file previously and perhaps the files did corrupted.

Cheers

Bemi