We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi guys,

i have some trouble with 0.9.6.3 fresh installation. iam now trying for 2days and now its time to get some help.
    the installation works fine. but when i try to view the site i get an http error 500.

i also have it with the standard modx template site that i can choose to install. if i look at the documents is says that is can not been cached.

ive tried alot right now to get is fixed but iam stuck and cant get it working.

so far ive updated / removed ajaxsearch. searchhighlite and a lot more.
    can somebody help me.

Cheers
    • When making support requests, please make sure to provide information about your web server and your client machine:

Web Server:

• PHP version and how it’s running (suexec, mod_php, CGI, etc.)
      • Apache or IIS version
      • Operating System and version

Database:

• MySQL version
      • List of any tables over 1MB in size

MODx:

• Version
      • Any changes you’ve made
      • Any snippets you’re running on the page that is not working properly
      • Any plugins you’re running

Browser/Client:

• Browser name and version
      • Operating System and version

This will go a long way towards being able to quickly resolve or duplicate and bugs as applicable, and should result in a better overall support experience.

Further, if you’re seeing problems with snippets not seeming to work right, make sure you’re enclosing parameters in back-tics, not single-quotes. On US-English keyboards that’s the key typically found at the top-left of the number row: `

Thanks!

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Hello,

In my experience 500 errors are caused by permission errors or htaccess errors. I would suggest renaming your .htaccess file to ht.access for the time (if you renamed it otherwise leave alone). If you still have the problem check your file permission. I know my hosts I need to use 644 (files), 755 (folders), and 750 (public_html). I believe this is commonly referred to as a suphp setup.

AMDbuilder
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
          • 3 Posts
          dont know what i did. but its working .. i think.
          now i can see the my modx site.

now i can start uploading my templates hope that will work in 1 day
          • Glad to hear it’s working. If you have any more questions let us know.

AMDbuilder
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
              • 3 Posts
              template up and running!
              just a little edit in my flash file and iam done!