We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    I did a clean install on a GoDaddy Economy server, and all setup well. Everything’s now working except the dynamic drop down level=`2` menus from my button tabs where it’s not hidden and don’t drop. Also the login box on the side is fully exposed with all the forgotten password form out, plus logging in doesn’t even seem to work. I’ve tried it out with 3 different templates and they all had the same bug. Tinkered around with it a bunch, not sure if there’s a javascript it’s not running, or an incompatibility or a known bug. Read through almost all the 0.9.6.3 forum and saw similar problems but no working solutions. The UTF-8 bits I’ve confirmed are set right too. Another thing I noted is in the manager section, the floating button menu (Save, Delete, Cancel) that I expected to see on top after I scroll down wasn’t doing that thing either.
    Any help or advice guys? Any other information needed? My deadline is coming... hope this is an easy one. Maybe I should have installed the older version..
      • 1,390 Posts
      Hi,

Mate, sorry for your woes but you really need to provide more info.

1. What do you mean by dynamic drop down? Are you using Wayfinder? Which version?

2. Example code?

3. Sample page?

4. Did you install modx with the sample content? (if 0.9.6.x)

5. If IIRC floating button menu is for modx revo not 0.9.6.x branch. So, are you talking revo or 0.9.6 branch?

6. What login box?

cheers/k
        • 3 Posts
        1. The dynamic drop down menus I’m talking about is Wayfinder 2.0. Instead of dropping down when I move the mouse over the first menu, the sub menus are always showing in the same format as the level 1 buttons

2. [!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`2` &parentClass=`hide` &parentRowTpl=`axParentRow` &outerTpl=`axOuter` &innerTpl=`axInner` &rowTpl=`axRow`!]
        and I tried it just as [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`2`]] and it looked pretty much the same. Yes, I do have all those ax template chunks installed.
        And to be sure, I tested it with the multiflex 5 template using [!Wayfinder?startId=`0` &outerTpl=`flex5_sub_outerTpl`!] and also didn’t work.

3. Right now the sample of the website has level set to 1 just so it doesn’t look all messed up. Also I temporarily modded the WebLoginSidebar to delete the forgotten password stuff just so it doesn’t look broken, so the sample I can show isn’t valuable unless you need to see it. The site is ProjectBorderland.com

4. I did not install ModX with the sample content.. I left that empty this time to start it clean, but I was realizing afterwards I could have used that.

5. It is version 0.9.6.3 that I’m using, not the revo. The floating buttons I was talking about is anywhere in the manager backend when you’re editing a doc, my other 0.9.6.2 site had the Save, Duplicate, Delete, Cancel button group appear when you scroll down past where the fixed ones on top are visible. That’s not working for me on this site. I don’t know what you mean about IIRC honestly, so I must not be using it.

6. Using WebLoginSidebar for the login box. That bug seems to be connected with the other problem since it’s about div elements not being hidden from the beginning.

-Thanks for your help. Hope I’m not alone on this problem.

• 1,390 Posts
          OK, thanks for the clarification...

Quote from: skquark at Jun 05, 2009, 01:02 AM

1. The dynamic drop down menus I’m talking about is Wayfinder 2.0. Instead of dropping down when I move the mouse over the first menu, the sub menus are always showing in the same format as the level 1 buttons

set &hideSubMenus=`true` - the sub-menu will only appear only when their parent document is clicked. However, if you want them to appear on hover/drop, you might want to use some CSS/Javascript. Wayfinder doesn’t do "drop"....that’s a CSS/javascript issue

2. [!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`2` &parentClass=`hide` &parentRowTpl=`axParentRow` &outerTpl=`axOuter` &innerTpl=`axInner` &rowTpl=`axRow`!]
          and I tried it just as [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`2`]] and it looked pretty much the same. Yes, I do have all those ax template chunks installed.
          And to be sure, I tested it with the multiflex 5 template using [!Wayfinder?startId=`0` &outerTpl=`flex5_sub_outerTpl`!] and also didn’t work.
          - don’t use &amp - use & instead. If you are using TinyMCE and it is changing the & into &amp you can turn it off or type in html-mode

5. It is version 0.9.6.3 that I’m using, not the revo. The floating buttons I was talking about is anywhere in the manager backend when you’re editing a doc, my other 0.9.6.2 site had the Save, Duplicate, Delete, Cancel button group appear when you scroll down past where the fixed ones on top are visible. That’s not working for me on this site. I don’t know what you mean about IIRC honestly, so I must not be using it.

Maybe somebody else will clarify this.

6. Using WebLoginSidebar for the login box. That bug seems to be connected with the other problem since it’s about div elements not being hidden from the beginning.

Sorry can’t help with that. Please post this in Weblogins for

• 24,544 Posts
            First of all, try turning off the RTE (uncheck Rich Text) when editing your template and change the &s back to just & in the Wayfinder call.

Then see what you get.

The dropdown examples here all work fine http://www.muddydogpaws.com/development/wayfinder/examples.html (although they may need tweaking for IE6). I used one for the site in my sig.

BTW, IIRC is just shorthand for "if I recall correctly" not a program. Don’t feel bad, we were all confused about it at first sight. wink
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 1,390 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Jun 05, 2009, 04:33 AM

BTW, IIRC is just shorthand for "if I recall correctly" not a program. Don’t feel bad, we were all confused about it at first sight. wink

Oh, I missed that...sorry skquark smiley

/k
                • 3 Posts
                Alright, I got the drop-downs working now. Turns out the templates I was using (blue_80 and the default one) didn’t have the css set for drop down menus and was missing the part with visibility:hidden on those menu lists. I had to pick apart some other templates and transplant the css to get that part to work.
                However I’m still having trouble with the WebLoginSideBar and/or the WebLoginPE Snippets. That’s probably not a 0.9.6.3 support issue, but I would have expected a login sidebar to be cleanly built in as a standard fully operational feature, not an optional add-on that seems like an afterthought. The problem I’m having is when you press the login or register or forgot password button, it does nothing except refresh the current page. I don’t fully understand what was going wrong with that symptom but I’ll try to figure it out.

By the way, discovered that having the [[codes]] written with an &amp; as opposed to just &, it’s the same compatibility, so that’s not a problem. Also to say thank you for the support, wanted to provide a simple yet cool chunk of jquery code I added to my template to make the wayfinder css menus so much cooler. It animates a background image of your button, which lets you do all sorts of elegant design tricks..<br /><br /><script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/blue_80/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script><br /><script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/blue_80/jquery.backgroundPosition.js"></script><br /><script type="text/javascript"><br />$(function() {<br /> $(’#menu li a’)<br /> .css( {backgroundPosition: "0 500px"} )<br /> .mouseover(function() {<br /> $(this).stop().animate({backgroundPosition:"(0 29px)"}, {duration:500})<br /> })<br /> .mouseout(function() {<br /> $(this).stop().animate({backgroundPosition:"(0 500px)"}, {duration:300})<br /> })<br />});<br /></script><br />Easy to customize and adapt. The link for it is [url=http://snook.ca/archives/javascript/jquery-bg-image-animations/]http://snook.ca/archives/javascript/jquery-bg-image-animations/[/url].. sorry if it’s inappropriate to share it here, but it was a good find that I’ve gotta use to spice up some of my older stagnant websites, and I know somebody reading this needs it.<br /><br />Thanks.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Thanks for sharing that. I looks cool. smiley
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting