We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    biggerbrother Reply #1, 15 years ago
    hi

i am currently having trouble overcoming the strangest bug ever.

i was pasting a javascript code inside of a chunk and modx kept refusing to save it... so i kept taking off line by line and finally figured out what was the source of the problem: the string ".images" !!!

".image" is ok... ".iages" is ok... "images" is ok... but ".images" is not

creating a new chunk with only the string ".images" inside either doesn’t want to save.

this is the strangest thing ever... when i try to save the chunk the ERROR page appears... huh is there something i should know? huh huh
      • 21 Posts
      biggerbrother Reply #2, 15 years ago
      can anybody please try it out and see if it happens?

i am using modx 9.6.3 btw

thank you!
        • 956 Posts
        nope, works fine (with or without quotes). What’s the entire JS bit you’re trying to save as a chunk?
        • I suspect your server is running mod_security, often discussed here.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 21 Posts
            biggerbrother Reply #5, 15 years ago
            the script itself is pretty much irrelevant cause the error also happens when the only text in the chunk is ".images"...

i’m using totalchoicehosting and have no clue how to check or modify the mod_security restrictions it has... sad

but i have even less of a clue as to why ".images" causes an error... smiley

anyways, don’t worry, i deleted that line, cause anyways it was related to something in netscape 4, and really, who cares about netscape 4 smiley smiley

thank!
            • Quote from: biggerbrother at Apr 27, 2009, 10:50 PM

but i have even less of a clue as to why ".images" causes an error... smiley
              We offered the explanation; it’s mod_security blocking that content in POSTs. I recommend contacting your provider to discuss how to remove these restrictions from the MODx manager directory.
                • 21 Posts
                biggerbrother Reply #7, 15 years ago
                thank you, i will do that.