We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Dear colleagues, am new here and very interested in using Modx. I have done a new installation on my local machine. Am using wamp. However on logging in to the admin I get the following problem:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\...\www\mysite\manager\includes\config.inc.php on line 61

Can anyone help with advice on what I can do?

Davis
      • 24,544 Posts
      Not my area of expertise so I’m guessing, but it looks like a problem with the session_start() call. The default location for session data is /tmp and if that dir doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to write to it, PHP might hang -- generating that error.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 607 Posts
        einsteinsboi Reply #3, 15 years ago
        Quote from: dweddi at Apr 26, 2009, 07:23 PM

Dear colleagues, am new here and very interested in using Modx. I have done a new installation on my local machine. Am using wamp. However on logging in to the admin I get the following problem:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\...\www\mysite\manager\includes\config.inc.php on line 61

Can anyone help with advice on what I can do?

Davis

I use Wampserver and haven’t run into that problem with MODx. What version of MODx are you running? Are you using the latest version of wampserver?

Try editing the maximum_execution_time in your php.ini and setting it higher than it is. Then restart Wamp and see if it works.
          • 12 Posts
          This fixed it for me:
          It started to happen after playing around with access policies. It turned out the anonymous user (logged out user) did not have enough access privileges, I learned this by loading the page logged in and logged out. Raising their web context permission from load only to "load, list, view" did it.

I am not sure if this would raise a security concern. What do you think @BobRay ?