We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 60 Posts
    ashfinlayson Reply #1, 15 years ago
    Hi All,

I tried to create a new user role earlier and on submitting the role i got the following error.

MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Unknown column ’empty_trash’ in ’field list’ »
    SQL: INSERT INTO `nicecar`.`modx_user_roles` (name,description,frames,home,view_document,new_document,save_document,publish_document,delete_document,empty_trash,action_ok,logout,help,messages,new_user,edit_user,logs,edit_parser,save_parser,edit_template,settings,credits,new_template,save_template,delete_template,edit_snippet,new_snippet,save_snippet,delete_snippet,edit_chunk,new_chunk,save_chunk,delete_chunk,empty_cache,edit_document,change_password,error_dialog,about,file_manager,save_user,delete_user,save_password,edit_role,save_role,delete_role,new_role,access_permissions,bk_manager,new_plugin,edit_plugin,save_plugin,delete_plugin,new_module,edit_module,save_module,delete_module,exec_module,view_eventlog,delete_eventlog,manage_metatags,edit_doc_metatags,new_web_user,edit_web_user,save_web_user,delete_web_user,web_access_permissions,view_unpublished,import_static,export_static) VALUES(’additional admin’,’additional admin - less permissions’,’1’,’1’,’1’,’1’,’1’,’1’,’1’,’0’,’1’,’1’,’1’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’1’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’1’,’1’,’0’,’1’,’1’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’1’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’0’,’1’,’0’,’0’)

low and behold there was no colum in the modx_user_roles table called empty_trash, so i created a column called empty trash and it seems to work fine.

Just wandering if anyone else has experienced this and if it is a bug you already know about, sorry for the lateness

Cheers
    Ash finlayson
    • My user_roles table has 70 columns, including a column for "empty_trash". Is it possible you upgraded from an older version of MODx and somehow that table wasn’t updated?